You have a running business that you are running with the help of a team of accountants. Now you want to expand your business, and instead of hiring more accountants, someone has suggested you manage your books with the innovative software QuickBooks. QuickBooks not only manages your books but also makes your accountant’s life much more convenient with features such as adjustments and automatic payslips.
QuickBooks Desktop version is ideal for businesses that rely on complex accounting for their businesses. Many businesses who have made use of QuickBooks Online earlier are opting for QuickBooks Online to Desktop conversion to make use of robust features on the Desktop version. Whereas if the businesses need flexibility and accessibility to use it from anywhere, they opt for QuickBooks online.
Features comparison of QuickBooks Desktop vs Online Version
- QuickBooks Online comes with a monthly subscription model for which you have to pay every month.
- There is no monthly subscription fee for QB Desktop. You only have to pay for one-time payments when you purchase QuickBooks Desktop Pro. Or QuickBooks Desktop Pro Plus.
- QuickBooks Online requires a strong internet connection. Otherwise, it may take a lifetime to load. QuickBooks Online is a robust software and requires a high-speed internet connection.
- QuickBooks Desktop does not require an internet connection and can be upgraded offline. It offers access to important web features like payroll and online banking.
- QuickBooks Online is cloud-based software that provides remote access around the world. This software also helps accountants to access it with the help of Desktop as a Service from anywhere and at any time all you need is a high-speed internet connection.
- QuickBooks Desktop is only connected to the computer where QuickBooks is installed, so you cannot access QuickBooks Desktop remotely.
- You get 24/7 customer support for QuickBooks Online version.
- Basic QuickBooks desktop software does not come with customer support, but Pro Plus editions do.
Why should you go for QuickBooks Desktop?
- If you’re just starting and have a small number of employees, QuickBooks Desktop is the best choice because only a few people need to work with business files.
- If your business has a fixed location and you don’t need to travel much.
- There are two types of users, one of which requires online access. Otherwise, if you don’t want online access, QuickBooks Desktop is the only good choice.
Why should you go for QuickBooks Online?
- If you have more employee data, you need more accountants who can access QuickBooks at the same time. If so, you need QuickBooks online
- If you don’t like monthly installments, you won’t like this subscription model, but if you like monthly subscriptions, QuickBooks Online is for you.
- If you travel frequently and need access to business information from anywhere in the world, QuickBooks Online is the ultimate solution.
QuickBooks is the best accounting software for Small and medium-sized businesses when it comes to complex accounting. Many businesses have adopted QuickBooks Hosting for their complex accounting. For the smooth integration of QuickBooks, you need an ideal hosting provider who is an expert in this field.
Hosting providers like Apps4Rent help you to grow your business and deliver a wide variety of cloud hosting solutions. They also aid in different migrations services like Exchange Migration and will help you in integrating the perfect QuickBooks desktop version according to your business needs.