Among all the fluids, the slurry is considered the most competitive when it comes to flow. The reason is that slurry is a liquid with the highest viscosity. And viscosity is the measure of the opposition to the flow of fluid. But if you make a correct water flow controller valve selection, chances are there that you may not feel any hurdle while continuing the slurry to flow through it with paddle wheel flow meter.
What Is Slurry?
“When solid particles fuse with water, they form a slurry”
Examples of Slurry:
Cement, anthracite, starch, or coal mixed in hard water
No doubt slurry is the most challenging fluid to move in the upward direction against the force of gravity while during construction, fluid control valves will make the job much easy for you. The core structure of the valve enables it to pump the slurry at higher pressures in seconds. This is indeed one of the main features of a water flow valve ever considered best.
Characteristics of Slurry:
- It is a high-viscosity fluid
- Its composition is very complex – needle-like crystals are found in there
- Settles quickly which is a plus
- Need a particular water flow controller valve needs to be flown to long distances
Slurry Valve Composition:
The best slurry water flow controller valve has the following composition:
- The manufacturing material is made of stainless steel
- The imperial structure of the valve is prone to high-pressure stability
Slurry Pump Valve Construction:
Slurry proportional flow control valves are constructed from a material that is more strong than a valve for normal water or fluid flow. This is because they require more power to operate and operate to flow the slurry through the inside of them. Moreover, the bearings and shafts used in the devices are also made of strong metals like bronze or aluminum.
The outer casings of the slurry proportional control water flow valves are made of hard alloys. This material makes the device withstand erosion that may be caused due to excessive pressure on the inner chambers.
You must know that slurry exerts additional pressure on the proportional flow control valve while being exerted with a high pressure to flow fast. In such a condition, it is very dangerous for the valve as it may let the walls of the valve crack and cause slurry accumulation in those cracks.
To make the water flow controller valve last for a longer duration of time, it is very necessary to consider some precautions that may include:
- You must set the fluid control valve to operate at a sweet spot. At this spot, the device runs at a very slow speed that helps slurry flow without any hindrances even if the pressure is increased. But the important thing to remember is that you must keep the speed slow and high enough at the same time so that the solid particles may not contaminate it which can be very dangerous.
- You must reduce the wear on the water flow controller valve by reducing the discharge pressure to the lowest possible value
Slurry makes the valve operate under extreme conditions of atmospheric as well as internal pressures. And to better let the water flow controller valve operate under such conditions, you need to consider the importance of the article above.