Nowadays, technology has become an important part of our lives. Therefore, you should have efficient tools in hand to make your jobs simpler and easier.
Most often, we all see images that hold crucial information on the internet.
However, you cannot make changes to the text to modify it according to your needs.
While it may seem like a challenging task for you, there are some ways to convert images to editable text effortlessly.
Yes, you have heard right!
How do I convert images to editable text?
In today’s guide, we will tell you the three simplest ways to convert images to editable text. Here you go!
- Using Adobe Acrobat Recognize Text feature
The first method of converting images into editable text is using Adobe Acrobat. Follow these steps:
- Open the platform if you have installed it on your computer. However, if you have not installed it yet, you should download it from its official website. To access Adobe’s image-to-text conversion feature, you need to purchase its paid version. Its paid version will let you access a variety of tools.
- Once you have installed it, you need to open it at once by clicking on the “Open” option. After that, you need to choose the image you want to convert into editable text.
- Now is the time to press the “Tools” option. This option will be available in the top-left corner of the menu.
- From there, you need to press the “Recognize Text” button. This text recognition from images option will activate Acrobat.
- It’s time to select the “In This File” option. After that, press the “Edit” button to customize the settings.
- Tap on the “OK” option now.
- Once you enable the Recognize Text feature, you will be able to select and highlight the text you want to edit.
- Using Google Drive
If you want to do image to text conversion using Google Drive, follow these steps:
- Open the Google Drive.
- Now, you need to tap on the Gear button.
- Here, you will see the “Settings” option. Press it!
- You will see the “Uploads” option before you. Tick on it to convert uploads to Google Docs editor format.
- Now, go back and right-click on the “My Drive” option.
- A dropdown menu will be opened in front of you. Here, you should select the “Upload Files” option. Find the file and select it.
- At this step, you need to press the “Open” button.
- Now, find the uploaded file on your drive and right-click on it.
- Hover over the “Open With” option and select the “Google Docs” icon.
- An editable Google Doc will appear now. This is an image-based text transcription. You can edit it according to your needs.
- Using an OCR tool: An Ultimate Image Transformation Way
OCR software lets you convert images to editable text in the simplest way. Unlike the two above-mentioned ways, it does not involve so many steps. Instead, it only involves a couple of steps for a top-quality image to text digitization conversion.
It does not matter whether your image is in JPG, JPEG, or any other format; you can convert it into editable text effortlessly. Find the best JPG to Word converter, such as jpgtotext.com, on the internet and follow these steps:
- Click on the “Choose File” button and upload the image.
- Once you upload the file, you need to select the “Submit” option.
- This JPG to Word online converter operates at a lightning-fast speed. The image-to-text automation will be done in the blink of an eye.
- Lastly, you can easily copy and download the text. It is very simple!
Using an OCR Chrome extension
Want to extract text from an image while browsing the web without downloading it? You can experiment with an image-to-text OCR Chrome addon.
- Launch the Image to Text Chrome Extension.
- Open the page from which you wish to extract text and click the Extract.txt button.
- This will save the full page as a text file.
- Select the text you require and delete the rest.
Now, you can convert images into editable text without putting in so much effort. The first two image-to-text accessibility options (Adobe Acrobat Recognize Text and Google Drive) require a lot of effort and patience.
The Adobe Acrobat feature requires you to purchase its paid version. On the other hand, Google Drive is free to use, but the steps involved here are enormous.
So, what is the best way to convert an image (JPG, JPEG, PNG, or any other format) into editable text?
Obviously, the last option is using an OCR tool. There are a variety of OCR tools available online. Jpgtoword.com is one of the best tools that can help you do image-to-text transformation in a matter of seconds.
In this way, you will not have to perform this task manually. Instead, you can access the tool with a stable internet connection. We hope this guide has helped you convert the image into editable text in the most efficient way.
Best of luck!