In this article, I am going to tell you What is a Typical Symptom of a CMOS Battery Failure so let’s discuss below.
Detection of the CMOS Battery Failure on our Computer
Before actually detecting the CMOS battery failure, let us discuss what does the CMOS does?
The CMOS stands for the complementary metal-oxide semiconductor. The Bios is used to initialize all the computer hardware in the system. The Bios stands for a Basic input-output system. But when the system gets turned off, it does not maintain some of the settings like date, time, and bootstrap settings. All these settings are stored on CMOS. This CMOS is volatile in nature. The Complementary metal oxide semiconductor needs constant power in order to maintain the settings left by the bios. After the system gets turned off, it uses a battery called the CMOS battery.
The below diagram represents the CMOS battery
The CMOS battery consists of a small button on the top of the surface of the battery that can be seen on the surface of the motherboard. It is located on the motherboard at the bottom right corner. The CMOS batteries are commonly used in wristwatches. It requires constant power to maintain the settings, if the CMOS battery is get removed, the bios erases all the data that you have configured in it. The settings we maintain on the bios like data, time speed are retained on the CMOS chip.
If the CMOS battery gets failure
- Different error settings get occurred like CMOS checksum error, CMOS checksum bad are some of the notifications occur while booting the system.
- Check the time and date in settings, unable to connect the internet are again some of the errors occur in the while booting process.
- Constant beeping sound while working with the system is a sign to replace the CMOS battery.
- Low processing of the computer, may lead to the wrong time and date. In this case, we need to replace the CMOS battery.
- Damage in the mouse is also one of the signs to replace the CMOS battery.
- The life span of the CMOS battery is five years. It is small in size that fits on the motherboard.
I hope this article have cleared all the doubts about Typical Symptom of a CMOS Battery Failure if not please comment below for more clarification.