Firstly, we can talk about Peer to Peer or p2p networks. So, this is an administered application-based architecture that divides tasks or workloads between peers. These are equally private, proportionate application participants. They make a separate portion of their resources, like network bandwidth, disk storage or processing power, directly accessible to other participants of the network, without the requirement for main consideration by the system of server or server hosts.
These are both consumers and suppliers of resources, as compared to the traditional client-server model in which there is a division between consumption and supply.
Now, the client-server model is a distributed application formation that divides tasks or workloads between all the resources providers or service providers, called servers, and requesters of services called clients. Both might be resighted in the same system of networking. More than one server programs can be hosted by a server which shared resources with their clients. A client requests a server’s function or server’s content but does not share any resources. Clients also share their sessions of communication with servers that expect incoming requests. Examples like Email, world wide web (WWW), printing are the application of computers use the client-server model.
- What is Crossover Cable and Straight Through Cable
- What is Personal Area Network, Working, Advantages and Disadvantages
Peer to Peer (P2P) Network
- In P2P, there is no central computer system dependency. So, it is more reliable. It does not share any data with others.
- There is not the extra and heavy cost of building and installing a P2P network. So, the cost of the P2P network set up is very low. Hence, P2P is a cheaper network.
- It is not complicated to install a P2P network. Hence, the installation is very easy.
- In this network, every user can share his resources, and also had its system’s administrator. So, no need a full-time administrator.
- Each and every computer has its own data storage system. So, it is very difficult to recover data or backup.
- P2P is also used in torrents. Many files like movies, music or copyrights also have transferred using this network.
- In the P2P network, many malware can easily be transferred like Trojans, Spywares, etc. Hence, security has very fewer viruses or junk mails.
- It is difficult to administer all the systems in less time. Because each system has a different administrator.
- All the computers are attached or connected to the main system. So, when new information is uploaded it is easy to store. Not needed for every system to increased its storage capacity.
- There is proper management of files or data because all the data is stored in the server system so it is very easy to manage files.
- There is an advantage of easy administration because it only needs to administer server system. There is only a server administrator.
- There is less risk of security. As the rules are defined clearly at the time of setup of this network.
- At the time of setup high setup cost is required because many heavy machines and equipment are installed which required high cost.
- It also needs an IT professional for the administration. Only an expert can maintain servers and many other details of this network.
- In this network, the entire file is downloaded not a burst part is downloaded which we can’t access to open
- In this network, there is an overload of work on the servers to communicate with all the clients. Overload can lead to breaking down of servers.
Download What is Peer to Peer and Client-Server, Benefits, Drawbacks in pdf – Click here