Solar winds Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) is used to transfer the files between two nodes, the TFTP server is multi-threaded that enables you to send and receive multiple files simultaneously the is designed very simply and Is very rich features.
As the best security measures you can allow only a certain range of IP addresses to access it, by using its files can be transferred as well back-ups can be made inside the network.
TFTP server is most commonly used for configuration uploads and downloads to HUB, Switch, IP phone, and other appliances.
There are plenty of free TFTP servers available on the internet and Solar-Winds is among the lead-ones.in order to install the solar winds, the TFTP server uses the following link to download the file https://www.solarwinds.com/, in order to download the free trial you have to register it by providing the requested information, after downloading the software please follow the following steps.
- Double click on the set-up file, once the installation wizard has been opened click on the Next button.
- Accept the terms and conditions and click on the next button.
- Select the destination folder when you want the software to be installed and click on next.
- Once the installation has been completed click on finish hence SolarWinds TFTP server installation has been finished and it will start working.
- In order to allow only certain IP addresses, click on file->configure.
- click on security then mentions the IP addresses range that will be allowed to connect with the server.
After the server has been configured verify that the firewall is allowing the port 69 in order to verify that the server is listening on the 69 port, Open the command prompt and issue the following command (netstat –an), as per snap attached port number 69 should be in listening state.
Now Solar winds TFTP server has been set up that can be used now for easily pushing the IOS images, firmware, backup configuration and transfer the files up to four GB.
How to start the TFTP server when the window starts?
In order to do that follow the following steps described below.
- From the start menu click on control panel->Administrative tools ->services
- Locate and click on solar-winds TFTP
- In the action, menu click on properties
- On the start-up, type click on automatic
- Click ok
Now the TFTP server has been configured to start on the window startup.
Download How to install Solarwinds Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) Server in pdf – Click here