Packets are delivered to a single node on a network when using what type of ipv6 address?
All the packets are delivered using the Unicast Ipv6 Ip address on a single node of the network. Let us study the IPV6 address classification. Normally, there are three types of IPV6 address classifications. They are Unicast, multicast, and anycast IPv6 addresses. If you want to know more about Packets Are Delivered To A Single Node On A Network When Using What Type Of Ipv6 Address, keep reading this article till the end,
The IPV6 unicast use the one to one association between the two individual devices. The Unicast destination address can uniquely identify the single receiver on a network. There are many different types in the unicast, that are used for many different purposes. Loopback unicast, local link unicast, global unicast, site unicast, and many more. The IPV4 needs to know the broadcast address when it doesn’t know the receiver’s address.
- What is Routing and Switching? Difference Between Routing and Switching
- Wide Area Network Advantages and Disadvantages
- What is Network Layer? Working, Features, and Functions
But in the IPV6 there is no broadcast address, it uses the IPV6 multicast. The IPV6 multicast is one of many types of communications. It uses a prefix called FF00::/8 that is similar to the 126.96.36.199/4. When we send a packet to the multicast group, it always has the unicast source address.
- ::1/128 is the IPV6 loopback address and it is similar to the IPV4 127.0.0.0/8. It is used to send the packets back to the source without processing or any modification.
- FE80::/10 address block is the link-local address. It can be valid for only the link-local address communication.
- 2000::/3 is the global unicast IPV6. It gets starts with 001. The global unicast will starts in 2001.
- ::/128 is the IPV6 unspecified address. It is similar to 0.0.0.0 in the IPV4 address. These addresses can be used as the source address.
- The site-local address is similar to the IPv4 private address. It starts with FEC0. The site-local address can also be replaced with a unique local address.
- At last, the IPV4 compatible will be assigned to both IPV4 and the IPv6 devices.